Homemade Shio koji recipe
Making shio koji is simple!
- 200g – Koji
- 50g – Sea Salt (Recommend to use natural salt)
- 250ml – Mineral Water (Do not use alkaline or hard water)
- Add the koji in a bowl and gently rub them to separate the grains with your clean hands.
- Add the salt in the bowl and mix with the koji thoroughly.
- Add water and rub them with your palm until the water turns milk color.
- Transfer the shio koji (mixture) to a container.
- Leave the container at room temperature about 7-14 days. Open the container and mix the shio koji well everyday.
- Texture and color turn thick and yellowish, then your shio koji is READY TO USE!
Keep refrigerated and consume within 6 months.